Friday, October 17, 2008

The Best of 2007



About a year or so back I wrote up this list of my favorite movies released in 2006 and now that I'm (finally) all caught up on all of the ones that I wanted to see in 2007, I thought I'd make another list and add in my favorite novels and music as well.

Movies
1. 3:10 to Yuma
2. Gone Baby Gone
3. Juno
4. The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters
5. The Darjeeling Limited
6. Sunshine
7. 300
8. Zodiac
9. Lars and the Real Girl
10. Superbad

I was actually surprised at how many great movies came out last year, especially compared to the quality of what's been released the last five or six years prior. There were a lot of great flicks like Persepolis and Michael Clayton that weren't as good as the movies above, but I would still gladly watch them again. Unfortunately, there were also a lot of absolutely horrible movies released last year as well, so here are my five least favorite from 2007:

1. Spider-Man 3
2. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
3. Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters
4. The Ex
5. Transformers

Novels
1. The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay by Michael Chabon
2. World War Z by Max Brooks
3. Harry Potter and the Dealthy Holllows by J.K. Rowling
4. Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
5. Rant by Chuck Palahniuk

Albums
1. In Rainbows by Radiohead
2. Writers Block by Peter Bjorn and John
3. Echos, Silence, Patience & Grace by Foo Fighters
4. Begin to Hope by Regina Spektor
5. Oh no by OK Go

Playlists
Spring 2007
Summer 2007
Fall 2007

THE BEST OF
2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009

No comments: