Thursday, October 1, 2009

October is National Pizza Month - Stuffed Crust Pizza



Someone mentioned to me awhile back that October is National Pizza Month and since I've never actually made a pizza myself (even though it's pretty much my favorite food in the world) I figured that this would be the perfect time to learn. So for the rest of the month I'll be celebrating by going through and cooking up some of the different recipes that I've found on-line and sharing my results with all of you kind folks.

First off is Howdini's stuffed crust pizza recipe. Everything in the recipe is already put together and store-bought so hopefully this'll be an easy enough introduction to pizza-making since I've never actually done any of this before.

Ingredients
-1 can of refrigerated pizza crust
-7 sticks of string cheese
-1/4 or 1/2 cup of pizza/marinara sauce
-2 cups of your favorite shredded cheese
-Your favorite toppings


Directions
Step 1 - Unroll your dough.


Step 2 - Line the outside rim of the dough with your string cheese.


Step 3 - Fold the edges of your dough over the string cheese to create your crust.


Step 4 - Add sauce and cheese.


Step 5 - Add toppings (and maybe a little more cheese to go on top of them).


Step 6 - Set your oven to 450 degrees and bake until golden.


The Verdict
So it turns out that I didn't pinch the crust down well enough after adding the string cheese and they all melted out on to the pizza (which actually didn't taste too bad). I was actually pretty surprised at how good it tasted considering how easy it was to put together (apart from the crust which was sort of bland and didn't have a very good texture).

Next up, stromboli!

No comments: